Thursday, January 12, 2012

How it all began


I've finally decided to get with the times and have a blog to document this year. It's a little late in the running but I will do my best to update you with all of the things I've already accomplished in short and sweet entries over the next few days.
My Miss Lake County experience actually began in kindergarten when my baby sitter was queen. She taught me the princess wave song (elbow,elbow, wrist,wrist, touch your heart and blow a kiss), but more importantly she taught me how enjoyable it can be to give back to your community. As many of you know, I tried for the title many times as well as running in several other pageants to no avail. I always joke with contestants that I'm a pro at losing pageants. But after Miss Marin 2011 where I completely flopped,a switch turned. I finally realized that if I want it, I've got to work for it.
A few weeks later I was Miss Central California Regional 2011. Going to Miss California was an absolute whirl wind! I was a tiny fish in a big pond and I quickly realized that it would be my "learning year." With the support of my director Rita, and the guidance from friends I'd made along the way like Taylor Butler Miss Lake County 2009 I survived. I learned so much about myself and the organization those several days, and I'm thankful that I went into it with a clear head so I could pick up on everything I could.
While winning an open title as my first title ever was an accomplishment in itself, I still wasn't completely satisfied. I wanted to give back to a community that had already given so much to me, so a month after Miss California, and a day after MDA camp ended, I had the joy of becoming Miss Lake County 2012. It's been a little crazy trying to fit 15 years of dreams into one year, but I am dedicated to highlighting this county for the unsung heroes that volunteer and keep this community going, and to give the children of Lake Count a role model that lets them know they can be anything,even a princess.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Jen! Congratulations again! Keep up the great work representing Lake County!

    ReplyDelete