Friday, January 13, 2012

Feather Bed Railroad Car Show


Our next stop on the Miss Lake County journey is the Feather Bed Railroad Inn. Tony Barthel and his wonderful wife Peggy hosted a car show and asked us to attend. There were two things that made this car show very special, first off all of the funds raised went into the Miss Lake County Scholarship fund, secondly it was all cars from the golden age of movies! A little known fact about me is that I adore the forties and fifties, especially the movies and the cars! Needless to say I was in heaven, and because of T.A.C. studios I got to dress the part and show up looking like a pin up girl right out of the forties! It was an awesome appearance and I am so glad I got to play dress up while fundraising for our organization.

P.S. If you've never been to the Feather Bed Railroad, you should change that immediately! It is adorable, each room is in an old caboose with a completely different theme. Recently my parents stayed in the "easy rider" Harley themed room and loved it! Plus the food is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment