Thursday, February 16, 2012

Public Speaking

I am a big ham! I have been for years, I always got the goofy little acting parts in recitals, and was the first to volunteer to present during class. The first true public speaking I can remember doing was when I was chosen to read my essay about how D.A.R.E. had educated me about drugs and alcohol back in fifth grade. As Miss Lake County public speaking has become a big part of my life.


It still amazes me that as soon as I put on my crown and sash, people are suddenly interested in what I have to say. I've had the opportunity to speak to the Clear Lake Chamber of Commerce, the Lake County Chamber of commerce, Clear Lake High School, and the Lakeport Rotary so far. At these appearances I talk about my amazing MDA experiences as well as the Miss America Organization. I get to explain all four points of the crown, and how much the Miss America Organization has done for me. It is so heart warming when I'm sharing my stories how involved people want to get! I am truly a blessed young woman to have come from such an amazing community.

No comments:

Post a Comment