Wednesday, February 29, 2012

IHOP


Today was a wonderful day with Miss Marin County, Brittany Ressa, at the San Rafael IHOP. You have all heard about my personal platform the Muscular Dystrophy Association, but did you know the Miss America Organization has a national platform? Every contestant raises money for the CMN (Children's Miracle Network) at each level of competition and Miss America is the CMN Goodwill Ambassador. This works out perfectly for me because my MDA kids frequently have to use CMN hospitals, so I can easily represent both organizations at the same time. Since 2006 IHOP's across the country have had National Pancake Day where you can get free pancakes and make a donation to local CMN hospitals.

In a collaborative effort Miss America title holders spend the day in their near by IHOP and help share the news of how important every dollar donated to CMN is. Miss Marin and I were in San Rafael and met with probably the sweetest IHOP owner in the country! He introduced us to every customer and every weekend he personally greets and seats his guests. It was surprising how many people wanted to take pictures with us, and so many great donations were made. The cutest donation by far was the little boy at the top of the page, he was determined to make that donation with out anyone's help! It was a really fun day and I am so glad I was able to help raise money for Oakland Children's Hospital which is where one of my MDA kids has been staying for the last several weeks, and where many of my kids have stayed before.

No comments:

Post a Comment