Sunday, June 3, 2012

My most intense week yet!


The last week has been a whirlwind but so very worth it! With Miss Lake County 2013 inching closer and closer it was time to do some recruiting to bring our numbers up. Our first orientation (pre-recruitment) brought in five Miss contestants and five Teens. After visiting Middle Town Middle School, Upper Lake High School, Kelseyville High School, Terrace Middle School, and Clear Lake High school this is our turn out at the second orientation!

We have an amazing year ahead of us! All of these girls are fantastic and I can not wait to spend the next few months getting to know them better! Before I won I made a list of Miss Lake County goals, one of the last things on that list was to bring Miss Lake County numbers back up into the double digits and today it was accomplished!

Alice and I in "the car", I've dreamed about being in a parade in this baby since I was five, thanks Bill! 
Aside from recruitment I have been doing all sorts of fun stuff these last few days. My Memorial Day weekend included the yummy Kiwanis pancake breakfast (unfortunately no pictures), a fantastic parade where I got to ride in "the car," our first orientation, and got to visit my good friends at the Lakeport Speedway. Later in the week I was able to judge the performing arts senior projects at Clear Lake High School which is always a fabulous experience. I also got to do two ribbon cuttings! The first was for the Anchorage Inn on Main Street which has been completely revamped and looks fabulous, and the family who runs it is so sweet! The second was for Lakeport Ford which was such an incredible event but was bitter sweet because of the unfortunate passing of Bill the owner a few days before the ribbon cutting, his wife Beverly is the sweetest thing and best hugger in the world!

The Ford ribbon cutting with members of the Chamber of Commerce and the lovely Miss Bev!
Loree and I had a blast together at the Lakeport Speedway!
The kind family that remodeled the Anchorage Inn!
What a great view for visitors to wake up to at the Anchorage Inn!


One of the other really fun events I was able to do was participate in Terrace Heights' 49er Days festivities. The children get a little taste of pioneer life and simultaneously learn a little more about hard work and the value of a dollar. I was able to work the dream catcher craft station and the general store. Later in the day a wonderful princess Ashley Dahl asked me to be her show and tell which was an absolute blast! The kids were so wonderful and excited to spend the day with me!
You have to wash your clothes to go to the movie theater! 
Just a couple of pioneers having a blast!
Nom nom nom
My super cute show and tell face with the lovely Miss Ashley!
On a side note, I am $250 away from my Children's Miracle Network goal that must be completed by the fourteenth so that I can compete at Miss California. If you would like to help me reach that goal you can do it here http://www.missamericaforkids.org/Donate/19046F911E7BCB76The Miss America Organization has teamed up with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals to help raise money for children’s hospitals in communities throughout the United States. The money I raise will benefit both Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the Miss America Scholarship Fund.

This may seem a little unrelated to MDA initially, but I'm one of the lucky girls who's platform ties in seamlessly with CMN! All of my kids use CMN hospitals for surgeries, emergency care, and many clinical trials. Your generousness donation helps MDA kids every day! Remember it only takes one muscle to make a difference, your heart!

Thanks so much for your support and for helping me make miracles happen!Thank you so much for your help, every dollar counts!


I want to say a quick congratulations to my MDA camper Alycia on her graduation!!!!! I love you like a sister so of course I had to make you blush a little bit!
You make me such a proud mama bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment