Friday, May 11, 2012

Dance Festival/ Stars of Lake County

Brianna and I used to teach together, now we get to perform solos because we're all grown up!
This post is a little late, but better late than never right? I was so blessed last weekend to be able to perform in the Lake County Dance Festival this year! Some of my fondest memories growing up were backstage for this show, I have done countless dances in it but this was my first time getting to perform a solo. It was a blast reuniting with the dancers, spending some extra time with Alice, and of course getting a chance to practice my talent piece for Miss California.

Loved getting to spend extra time with my mini me!
After performing Sunday I ran back stage to get into my gown and touch up my make up because I was off to Stars of Lake County! I've heard about this event for years, but it was above and beyond my expectation! The venue was beautiful, and the food was amazing! During dinner a list of visiting dignitaries was announced which included Mike Thompson first district U.S. Congressman , right then I was impressed and excited, the list went on and a few names down was me! I am not ashamed to admit I squealed a little, I'm a dignitary?! A few minutes later Alice and I got to meet him! Who knew a U.S. Congressman who's done so much for the people of Lake County would have such a great sense of humor!
So excited!
It was such a fun event and a great way to get to know some of the pillars in our community. Congratulations to all the nominees, you help so much to continually improve our beautiful county!

No comments:

Post a Comment